Full Moon Super Blood
On the 27th of September 2015, this Monday Night, we’ve had a moon-eclipse. Not just a moon eclipse no… We could see the whole moon, which was called: “Super (blood) Moon”. It’s called like that, because we could see the full moon in the shadow of the earth. When the sun, earth and moon are on one line, the light of the sun is turned in a certain way so that we see a blood moon.
I don’t know why, but full moon always reminds me of… werewolfs and vampires. Werewolfs especially. I remember I’ve watched a movie when I was little, alone, and on a certain point there was this werewolf that accured BIG on the TV-screen. I was só shocked and scared -although it was a child-friendly-movie and the wolf wasn’t that scary at all- and I’ve been afraid of werewolfs for years.
If you haven’t seen the Full Blood Moon in real life, the next opportunity will be in… 2029!
I also collected some fun facts about this Lunar Eclipse:
- Lunar eclipses are easy to see with the naked eye and unlike solar eclipses, you don’t need eye-protection.
- According to superstition, it’s more likely to get a boy when you.. have sex at full moon. Right.
- A full Moon is considered lucky on
Monday or moon day and unlucky on Sunday. Did you have a lucky monday?
- The only month that can occur without a full moon is February
- Some people claim to sleep worse during a full moon, others sleep even better.
- You know what’s called after the full moon in June?The honeymoon! It fell between
the planting and harvesting of crops and this was traditionally the best month
to get married…
- Researchers found that patients who had an emergency heart surgery repair during a full moon, had shorter hospital stays and were less likely to die than patients who had the same operation during two other moon phases. According to a study in 2013, patients who had their surgery during a full moon stayed in hospital for 10 days. This is 4 days shorter than people who had their surgery during other lunar cycles. Unfortunately, you can’t schedule emergency heart surgery. Let’s hope no one will ever even have one.
Now I’m curious… What are your thoughts during full moon? And have you seen Monday’s Full Moon Super Blood ?