♥ The Summer/Spring collections are shown in September, just when Summer is about to end. But store-managers and chief-editors are happy about it and really need that time to set the trend .
Well hello there, gorgeous people!
As you know, I’ve been to Rotterdam Fashion Week. But that’s not the only fashionweek that’s going on right now (RFW is over by the way). I’m talking about New York Fashion Week.
I never knew what AW and SS stood for, but as a blogger you need to know these things and it’s fun to share with you. So here we go: AW stands for “Autumn/Winter” and SS stands for : “Summer/Spring”. It’s a little unlogical, because the AW-collections are shown in March and the SS-collections in September.
On the other hand, let’s imagine. You’re the person who’s running a clothing store or… you’re the chief-editor of a fashion magazine. You nééd the time between these seasons to find out: what’s going to be “hot” and “wanted” next season. After you found out, or at least thought about it, you’ll have to order all the clothing (then wait for it), arrange everything in your store, promote it, etcetera.
What I’m trying to say is, it might be weird that.. the Summer/Spring collections are shown in September, just when Summer is about to end, but store-managers and chief-editors are happy about it and really need that time.
Something I’m always wondering about.
The shows in New York, show the collections for Spring/Summer 2016. So… in Spring/Summer 2016,
we’ll probably see a lot of NYF-inspired-items and trends.
Which means, that the shows in 2014… showed the collections for Autumn Winter 2015.
I thought it would be fun, to look back to the things they showed in 2014 and to see if they’re on trend here right now.
The following pictures are made by Photographer “PR” and are from Milan Fashion week
-Prada : “Princessy” Pastels, Scuba fabrics and crystal corsages.
– Tod’s : Blush pink leather trenches, stitch detailing on suede. Knitted sweaters and the polo neck are still hot favorites. At Tod’s, the knits with geometric motifs were a strong look, styled with denim.
Love for geometric motifs! They make your knitted sweaters much cooler.
– Gucci : Geeky Streetstyle; leather kilts, pussy bow blouses and motif knits, combined with floral dresses and trouser suits with (black) loafers.
– Fendi : Oversized Coats and leather aprons. Seen by Karl Lagerfeld and Fendi.
– Versace : hashtags, emoji’s and @’s were embroidered in crystals on tulle tops, then used as details on sleeves and belts.
Looks so fun and happy to me!
– Jill Sander : Modern with 1970’s details.
You have to love this style, and I wouldn’t wear all of this in one look. Though some parts I absolutely adore. Like the printing, midi-skirts and long but fitted coats.
– Max Mara : showed an ultra-feminine collection inspired by the images of Marilyn Monroe, wrapped in an oversize cardigan on the beach. Models wore super soft cashmere coats and oversized knits, worn over thin dresses and sexy wool pencil skirts in soft cream, caramel and grey…
What’s not to love about pencil skirts, oversized knits and cashmere coats?!
Do you recognize today’s trend in these collections from 2014?